About Running Shorts
Hi, I'm Eddie Wooten, and I've written about running in the Triad for more than a decade. Welcome to the new Running Shorts, which you can find at RunningShorts.org. I look forward to talking to and featuring you, seeing you at group runs and races and just reconnecting. It's been a while, hasn't it?
Got a tip or a story idea? I'd love to hear it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways to follow Eddie
- Click here to friend on Facebook.
- Click here to follow on Instagram, @eddiewooten.
- Click here to follow on Strava.
Marketing content specialist for FieldRoutes, a ServiceTitan company. Former journalist (44 years). In 20th year as a runner. Member of the Greensboro Running Club and Winston-Salem's Twin City Track Club.
- 25 marathons.
- 29 half marathons.
- 5000 Mile Run Club world record continuous relay team in 2020.
- Two 50Ks.
- 34 miles in 12-hour Doggettville.
- Rim-to-Rim at Grand Canyon.
- Marketing content specialist for FieldRoutes, a ServiceTitan company.
- Other work places: News & Record in Greensboro, Winston-Salem Journal, News & Observer (Raleigh), Wilson Daily Times, Daily Tar Heel (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Farmville Enterprise.
- Wife, Valerie.
- Sons, Will (daughter-in-law, Briana) and Joe.
- Dog, Peaches.